While this is the first official <--more--> on Android, it isn’t the first OpenAI chatbot on the market. The company powers the Bing AI chatbot which has been an app available on Android for months. Apple is also working on an AI chatbot, according to reporting from Bloomberg. The app is available for download in the U.S., India, Bangladesh and Brazil, but OpenAI said in a tweet that it has plans to expand the rollout to more countries over the next week. In case you have somehow been offline for the past six months (congratulations), ChatGPT is an online artificial intelligence chatbot created by OpenAI in December 2022. Up until recently, it was only available via the website.
You can also change the color scheme, switch the default language, and access help information. The app keeps track of all your chats on the website and across your mobile devices. To access a previous chat, just tap the hamburger icon at the top and select History.
Best practices for using OpenAI ChatGPT
OpenAI has announced in a tweet that the official ChatGPT mobile app is now available in more countries. When OpenAI first unveiled its mobile app last week, the app was only available on iOS and in the U.S. Now, many people living in Europe, South Korea, New Zealand and more will be able to download the app from the App Store. If that’s not good enough, you can try one of ChatGPT’s alternatives.
- You will need an OpenAI account to access ChatGPT whether you’re in the iOS app or on a web browser so make sure to check out our guide on how to use ChatGPT if you don’t already have an account.
- First, navigate to chat.openai.com in a web browser on your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- You can use the ChatGPT website in your browser on iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- Hit ‘Get’ as you would any other iPhone app, and you’re ready to start chatting.
The accuracy of its responses is similar to how accurate you would be after reading an article online. It cannot tell you if it is accurate in the same way an expert with decades of experience could. It’s the difference between “I read a bunch of articles about plumbing” and “I’m a master plumber, and I can answer that question with authority.”
How to download the official ChatGPT app to your iPhone
When this feature is enabled, you will also be able to find your conversations on desktop. It’s worth noting that there’s no way to disable data sharing without disabling chat history too. When you open the app, you can start typing text in a text box at the bottom of the screen. It works just like sending a message in any messenger app. While you can dictate text using Apple’s built-in speech recognition feature, you can also leverage OpenAI’s open source speech recognition system Whisper for voice input.
The system is capable of understanding complex queries and can provide meaningful responses to them. It can also be used for a variety of purposes, such as creating customer service chatbots, virtual assistants, and automated customer support systems. OpenAI ChatGPT offers an easy-to-use, customizable platform that can be used by developers of all skill levels to create powerful conversations.
What About Unofficial ChatGPT Apps?
First, navigate to chat.openai.com in a web browser on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. You’ll be asked to “Log In” or “Sign Up.” You can sign up with an email address, Google account, or Microsoft account for free. ChatGPT is free to use for anyone with an account on OpenAI’s website.
- As a developer, you will have full control over your bot’s functionality and accuracy, which means you can make adjustments as needed.
- ChatGPT is free to use for anyone with an account on OpenAI’s website.
- In fact, OpenAI notes that either user is going to have the same experience.
- Secondly, the app occasionally experienced login glitches, where it would unexpectedly log me out without any apparent reason.
Malcolm McMillan is a staff writer for Tom’s Guide, writing about the latest in tech, gaming and entertainment with a particular focus on artificial intelligence (AI) and AI-based tools like ChatGPT. He has written up much of our coverage on the latest AI tools including ChatGPT, the new GPT-powered Bing and Google Bard. He also covers A/V tech such as televisions, soundbars and more, in addition to covering VR headsets from the Meta Quest 3 to the PS VR2. Fake ChatGPT apps are rampant and can do anything from try and scam you to pay for free features or put malware on your phone. So make sure to only download the official OpenAI ChatGPT app.
Download and Install ChatGPT on Linux
With a more reliable login system, this app has the potential to become a top-tier platform. In conclusion, while the app has its share of login apple app thermometer issues, it still holds promise. I’m optimistic that with some updates and improvements, it can provide an even better user experience.
- In the app, you can type your request and then ask follow-up questions to pursue the same topic.
- You can now access a free and official version of ChatGPT on the best iPhones, with data history synced across devices (so you can see your ChatGPT interactions on both the web and iOS).
- While there is an install button you can tap on its store page, this simply signs you up for an automatic installation when the app launches.
- I look forward to seeing future enhancements and continued growth of the app.
Otherwise, simply tap the + icon at the top to start a new chat. Over 10.6k ChatGPT app users on the App Store gave it an average of 4.4 out of five stars. The top charts show it is one of the top five productivity apps for iPhone. OpenAI has outlined privacy practices that the ChatGPT app follows, which include data encryption in transit to ensure secure data transfer.
Features of OpenAI ChatGPT
With the official ChatGPT on Android, you can get quick access to some of the latest generative AI features. OpenAI adds it has plans to roll out the app on the Play Store to more countries “over the next week.” Click a conversation to read it again or continue chatting. Conversations are named based on the first prompt you entered.
- Yes, there is an official ChatGPT app, but it’s only available for the iPhone as of May 2023.
- He has written up much of our coverage on the latest AI tools including ChatGPT, the new GPT-powered Bing and Google Bard.
- The popularity of AI has led to a slew of third-party apps both for iOS and Android, most of them powered by OpenAI’s ChatGPT model.
Here are some surprising uses for ChatGPT to get you started. Keep in mind that ChatGPT is using information from the internet, and the internet is not always accurate. Your ChatGPT conversations are saved to your OpenAI account, so wherever you can log in, you’ll be able to see them.
ChatGPT’s official Android app is now available for download
Beyond that, users are shown a disclaimer noting that ChatGPT has flaws and can be inaccurate, which is a good reminder. The UI is incredibly simple and offers up the same web-based experience, with a chat window that lets you make conversation or ask questions. On its site, OpenAI announced its official ChatGPT for iOS app. This brings the full power of the AI chatbot to your iPhone so you’re no longer limited to a web browser. Plus the mobile version integrates Whisper, OpenAI’s speech-recognition system, so now you can prompt ChatGPT with your voice. The app is available to download right now over on the App Store and thankfully, there are no ads shoehorned into it.
- Those keen on installing the app should however be careful when looking for it on the Play Store, as various other apps sharing similar logos appear when ChatGPT is searched.
- I actually prefer the conversation tabs on the left in the web app but I understand it would make the app kind of clunky especially on mobile since the screen size is smaller.
- Gone are the days scouring the internet for obscure pieces of information, chat gpt can find it for you with 2 or 3 prompts.
The app supports code blocks and users can copy and paste answers. Will people continue downloading apps like ChatGPT if an effective AI is built into their devices at launch? It will likely depend on which wireless smoker thermometer with app company has the most reliable and accurate AI tool. The free app enables synchronization of user history across multiple devices and provides users with the most recent model enhancements from OpenAI.
Does ChatGPT Have an App?
OpenAI ChatGPT provides an intuitive, interactive interface that allows users to ask questions and receive answers in natural language. The app’s launch is interesting, considering OpenAI’s somewhat ambivalent approach to positioning ChatGPT in the market. Although the chatbot launched as an experiment, it rapidly found a consumer audience who use the bot for everything from cheating on college essays to business applications. In February, OpenAI launched a premium subscription for the app, ChatGPT Plus, which offers priority access and responses generated using the company’s latest language model, GPT-4.
- An equivalent Android app is also “coming soon,” OpenAI says, and it’s worth remembering that you can still use Microsoft’s Bing app to access ChatGPT if you don’t own an iPhone.
- OpenAI now offers an official ChatGPT app for iPhone, and an Android app is on the way.
- On the other hand, you can also download ChatGPT desktop version on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Experts are concerned technologies like this might take control or promote misinformation, and OpenAI itself is hoping to mitigate the risks of intelligent AI.
- For example, with web browsing, ChatGPT can find up-to-date information for you online rather than being limited to knowledge from 2021.
There is also a “ChatGPT Plus” subscription plan for $20 per month. It offers reliable availability when demand is high, faster response speeds, and priority access to new features like ChatGPT plugins. The app could make ChatGPT more accessible, particularly in countries where Android dominates or PCs are less common. The software has been available for iPhone users since May, and was updated with iPad support afterward. Once logged in, users will be able to view and resume previous chats they had with ChatGPT on any of the other platforms under the “History” tab and start new conversations.
More from Tom’s Guide
When you have conversations with ChatGPT, your input is processed to generate a response, and your conversation is saved in your account. But once you delete your account, the conversation is gone forever. You may also see errors in your conversations while using ChatGPT, like a “network error” message. This can sometimes be caused by a problem with your network (for example, an internet connection problem, Wi-Fi issue, or a VPN problem), but it may also be a problem with ChatGPT’s servers.
- The ChatGPT app offers all the benefits of the web-based platform, but with additional features tailored for a mobile experience.
- It includes reliable availability when demand is high, faster response speeds, and priority access to new features like plugins.
- You will see a message saying “ChatGPT is at capacity right now” if you can’t use it.
In this article, we explain how to download ChatGPT on iPhone. An equivalent Android app is also “coming soon,” OpenAI says, and it’s worth remembering that you can still use Microsoft’s Bing app to access ChatGPT if you don’t own an iPhone. That said, ChatGPT’s Android app highlights Google’s lack of interest in creating a standalone Bard app. Instead of going down that route, the company has been busy wrapping generative AI services and features into many of its current apps, such as Docs and Gmail.
ChatGPT Mobile App 1.2023.23
According to the team, ChatGPT on Android will be available in the US, India, Bangladesh, and Brazil. OpenAI plans to expand further over the next week, which means that the company is moving pretty fast to make the official app available. There are a ton of ChatGPT lookalikes on Android’s Play Store, but this one by OpenAI is the real deal.
- OpenAI says it does not save data from individual interactions with ChatGPT for its own use.
- It also collects information about app performance, such as crash logs and diagnostic data.
- The app keeps track of all your chats on the website and across your mobile devices.
- The easiest way to use ChatGPT on Android is by going to chat.openai.com in a browser such as Chrome, and you can add a shortcut to the website to the home screen.
- Keep in mind that ChatGPT is using information from the internet, and the internet is not always accurate.
Scroll through the share sheet and tap “Add to Home Screen.” If you don’t see this option, it can be added from the “Edit Actions” option at the bottom of the share sheet. To be safe, ensure that the ChatGPT app displays OpenAI as its publisher. At the moment, it’s difficult to differentiate between real and fake ChatGPT apps.